Monday, March 12, 2012

Josiah's Mickey Mouse Party- Centerpiece

I had a few different centerpieces, but right in the middle of the party, I bought letters and arranged Josiah's name for all to see.

This was a fairly simple centerpiece, and yet made a big statement. Furthermore, after the party was over, I could repaint the letters and hang them in his room... or if your kid's room is the same theme as their party (or you don't care about themes) then you can use them as is. 

Supplies:
  • Letters for child's name
  • Base (or 2) for letters to sit on
  • Scrapbooking paper (green)- I believe 1 sheet is enough)
  • Black, red, and green acrylic paint- I use this paint for everything!
  • 2 white buttons
  • 3 styrofoam balls (1 large, 2 small)
  • Hot glue & gun
  • Paintbrush
The letters came from Michael's and were somewhere from $2-3 each. I don't know exactly. The base that the letters are sitting on was also in the same section, made specifically for those letters. I needed 2 in order to space the letters out properly. Then I painted each letter black and only half of the "O" black.

I glued the 3 styrofoam balls into the shape of Mickey's head with hot glue and then painted them black. The Mickey head, once dry, was glued on top of the "I".

Next, I painted the bottom of the "O" red and glued two white buttons on the "O" as Mickey's pants.

Once the letters were done, I moved to the base. I painted the entire thing green first, and then I cut the green scrapbook cardstock paper into strips and then cut it in half with zig-zag cuts, so that each strip became 2 strips of grass. Make sense? Sorry I have no pictures of the process, but hopefully the picture seems clear enough to figure it out on your own.

The grass was glued all around the edge of the base:

And, when arranged at the party, I added a few small Disney figurines around the back of his name, since the guests on that side were only seeing the back.

The final result was a large centerpiece that was easy to put together and can continue to be used in Josiah's room after the party!


No comments:

Post a Comment